Monday, December 1, 2008

Bad Friday

In true (as of late) Bulldog fashion they blew it Friday - and I mean BLEW IT!!! I don't think that MSU could have beaten Manchester Academy's football team. Ole Miss scored on their first possession and never let up. And as if that wasn't enough there was a very obnoxious Ole Miss fan about 5 rows up from us that in the 4th quarter was screaming at me to go home. I don't know why he was so upset - all I was doing was watching the game and his team was killing mine. I was not ringing my cowbell, in fact, I didn't even take it with me nor did I dress up in my usual MSU attire. I only had my MSU event cup and everyone knows that you do not travel anywhere without your event cup - what would you put your cocktails in??? My friends tell me that he acts like this at every game - he is the very kind of fan that makes you hate the school he is pulling for.

I guess I should thank Ole Miss for returning the favor to us this year. When we beat them last year their coach was fired - this year our coach quit. Now we have to wonder who will they get to replace him? Could Jeff Bower's name be on the list? What about Phil Fulmer - I'm not saying that I want him as our new coach but he is looking for a job. I hope whoever they get will be able to recruit and coach and take us to a national championship (hey, if you are going to dream, dream big!)

No comments: