Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Tales of the road trip

Well, Linda & I had a great weekend in Shreveport. Friday night we went out down town where the festival was going on. We went to The Blind Tiger for drinks and dinner. I was sadly disappointed in the food. Linda ordered a cup of gumbo and crab cakes. I tasted the gumbo and I have to say it was the worst I have ever had. You would think that a coon-ass could cook good gumbo but I'm here to tell you those in that kitchen could not. Perhaps they had some transplants from another state or country. The crabcakes were also terrible. They were definitely the frozen kind that you would find at Captain D's. I had a grilled chicken breast topped with a slice of tomato and melted swiss cheese and it was okay, my salad was bagged lettuce (YUK!!!). The drinks, however, were great but it is hard to screw up a Johnny Walker Black & water. After that we ventured out into the streets where the bands were playing. We found the most delightful little bar and hung inside there for a while. I did document the night with my brand new camera and like I've said before - I've got to figure out how to download the pictures, maybe I need a computer/camera class??? I'll try to get on that some time this week - I got some really good photos at the concert that I want you all to see.

No comments: