Friday, August 22, 2008

Road Trip

As most of you know my friend Linda moved from Jackson to Shreveport a few months ago. I have not seen her since the move so this weekend I will be going over for a visit. We were having a dilemma as to what to do. She hasn't lived there long enough to know the town and hasn't met a lot of people. Well, to our amazement she found out there is a festival going on downtown and that is what our entertainment will be for the weekend. She was going at noon to purchase our tickets but as luck would have it she won some on the radio this morning! I think that is a sure sign that this is where we are supposed to be this weekend. Here's the website
http://www.jamesburtonmusic.com/index.html - check it out. One of my FAVORITE musicians of all time will be there - Delbert McClinton. I have not heard him in quite some time and am really looking forward to it. I hope if I get to meet him again he does not remember me from our first encounter as "the friend of the girl with all the panties" (yep, that would be Mary Lee) - she pulled one pair out of her purse for him to autograph, then another - he looked at her and said "damn, girl, how many pair of panties do you have in that purse?" and then he signed each and every pair.
I now have another dilemma - I do not have a digital camera to document the weekend - I'm thinking that I must go purchase one on my way out of town - hhhhhmmmmmmm!!!!
Tune in next week - there will be photos and stories to share.
Have a good, safe weekend!

No comments: