Thursday, July 24, 2008

Day 2 at T&B Spa

After all day of "eat, drink, and be merry" on Saturday, we realized we must continue the torture on Sunday to get in all the food, drink and wax before time to return home. The wax was still hot and melted so I decided to start my morning with a foot job and Kona coffee and Kahlua while lounging on the sofa and let Linda serve me up some breakfast.........







It was with great joy that I remembered that Precious (my sweet sistah) and I failed to clean our plates last night and hopefully some of that awesome cypress plank grilled salmon might swim back into the breakfast menu. About that time Linda presented me with a fresh bagel topped with cream cheese, (and you guessed it).....salmon with a caper garnish. I was beginning to think it was worth it to let Linda talk me into immersing my hands & feet in scalding wax, but I must admit the smooth outcome (the bliss) was well worth the torture.




Precious and Linda followed my lead and after breakfast got the hot wax foot treatment and by the time that was over it was "time for cocktails".............




We were starting to get a pretty good collection of wax creations.....Linda insisted we create something out of our used wax....so here you go folks.......





Yeah, I know what you're thinking......... "those girls ain't right !!!"......well you're darn well right and we're damn proud of it.....



It was about 110 degrees outside today, as Precious put "it's a firecracker out there" !! Linda's neighbors were pulling WAY to much electric as everyone was home from work and lowering the A/C.....it is Mississippi by the way....so the power kept going off and then coming back. This continued till after noon and then we got the blackout.....good thing we had plenty of ice and mixers cause it looked like it might be awhile. So what else to do but get out Yahtzee and snacks to bide the time........Red grapes, goat cheese and assorted crackers......everything was good again. Except Linda and Precious kicking my ass with the dice, time and time again.......



No comments: